Sunday, April 10, 2011

Raveonettes keep Raving on..

Ahhh, a new Raveonettes album that hits the spot, yet misses on some. I love melodic noise, feedback and any band that even remotely sounds like The Jesus and Mary Chain and The Raveonettes do their best to fill that void missing in today's mainstream music.
   The first side, song one, "Recharge and Revolt" I fell in love with immediately, but then the album kinda takes a mish mash twist. The Raveonettes are at their best when mixing 50's style guitar with dark lyrics and gobs of noise and this album has only a few songs that stay true to their form. That said, you have to branch out to evolve and they do that here. I'm sure it will grow on me more and more in time because they're one of my favorite bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment